It’s finally here! We’re thrilled to announce that registration is open for the inaugural session of the Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat (LWC&R), which will be held February 12 through 15, 2016. This is an opportunity to revitalize your own work amid the richness of Goddard’s Port Townsend MFAW community at Fort Worden while forging connections with current students.
Please join in the first unfolding of LWC&R. Our Conference & Retreat theme will be “Beginnings.” As we immerse ourselves in new writing practices, we will remain connected to a few anchors familiar to a Goddard residency.
- Opening panel featuring Sarah Kishpaugh, Alison Bailey, and Theresa Barker
- Writing retreat opportunities, both individual and community-based
- MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft, master study, and experimental writing techniques
- A MFAW alumni-hosted reception for faculty and current students
- An alumni-organized evening salon
- A reading and reception to celebrate the Pushcart Prize nominations from this year’s volume of CLOCKHOUSE, the national open-submissions literary journal published by the Clockhouse Writers’ Conference in partnership with Goddard College.
Please join CWC and the MFAW program in thanking the Lighthouse Conference & Retreat Coordinators for their hard work during the past year to create LWC&R, and in thanking them for the wonderful plans they’ve put together for LWC&R’s inaugural session:
The Lighthouse Conference & Retreat is open to Goddard MFAW alums from both the Plainfield campus and the Port Townsend program site, just as the Clockhouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat (June 27 – June 1, 2016) always has been. Registration forms for LWC&R are available now at the Clockhouse Writers’ Conference website.