The author Pico Iyer gave Glorious Boy this enthusiastic endorsement:
“The most memorable and original novel I’ve read in ages. Aimee Liu takes us into a set of islands–an entire world–most of us have barely heard of, and evokes every side in a multi-cultural conversation with sympathy and rare understanding.”
A review in the Asian Review of Books described Glorious Boy as “reminiscent of the tone and atmosphere of Somerset Maugham and George Orwell’s Asia-set novels.”
Aimee’s publication week events are all recorded online:
- Her interview with Robin Krall of Reading with Robin on A Mighty Blaze is here.
- Her virtual book party with author and comedienne Sandra Tsing Loh is on Crowdcast here.
- Must Read Fiction Interview hosted by Erin Popelka
- Fierce Womxn Writing interview hosted by Sara Gallagher (of special interest to writers)
- “Dialogue” podcast interview hosted by Susan Wingate
Several of Aimee’s print interviews also posted this week:
- Hasty Book List (a must if you like cocktails!)
- Deborah Kalb Books