2020 LIGHTHOUSE WRITERS’ CONFERENCE & RETREAT
Supporting and Inspiring the Writer’s Life
Jeff Eisenbrey (2013), email@example.com
Katrina Barnes (2016), firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Geerlofs (2016), Geerlofs@olympus.net
Milton Lum (2014), email@example.com
Sarah Townsend (2016), firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION Begins October 15, 2019. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis (Max 15). Graduates of Goddard’s MFAW program are welcome, whether they attended the Pt. Townsend, Washington, or Plainfield, Vermont campus.
CONFERENCE DATES: Friday, February 14th though Monday February 17.
CONFERENCE LOCATION: Goddard College’s Port Townsend, Washington, MFAW program site
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Lighthouse Conference & Retreat is an opportunity for graduates of the Goddard MFAW program to come together in mutual support of the writer’s life, taking full advantage of Goddard’s beautiful Port Townsend seaside campus.
This year’s theme, its challenge, (and irony) is “ineffable: that which is incapable of being expressed in words.” Together we’ll chip away at the impossible, to find the right words to evoke that which we hope and long to express. Whatever form your writing takes, and whether you find yourself on a professional or personal path (or both), you’ll find a welcome home at this conference/retreat as we come together to discover new ways to encourage, support and inspire the writer’s life.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: A copy of the full program will be posted here as the date approaches.
• Opening panel: Sharing our triumphs and challenges as writers
• MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft and master study
• Ample opportunity to read from our work in salons and workshops
• Time to wander off by ourselves and write in a gorgeous maritime setting
• Readings from this year’s volume of CLOCKHOUSE, the national literary journal published by the CWC Alumni Association in partnership with Goddard College
• An alumni dinner with MFAW faculty: renew old friendships
• Attend MFAW faculty readings
• Attend Guest Writer reading
• Dates: Friday, February 14th through Monday, February 17th, 2020
• Location: Port Townsend, WA (Fort Worden campus of Goddard College)
• Registration opens: October 15th, 2019. Registration information and forms will be available here beginning October 15, 2020.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES: (1) Faculty dinner Friday evening (2) copy of CLOCKHOUSE journal (3) Access to readings by faculty and guest writer.
HOUSING: Campus Housing (Officer’s Row or NCO Row) is available and should be reserved by contacting Katrina Barnes at email@example.com. There will be a limited number of spaces available at a discounted rate for early registrants (first come first serve.) Housing rates are based on occupancy. NOTE: housing registration closes January 3, 2020.
MEALS: Friday night dinner with faculty is included. It is also possible to purchase additional meals directly through Fort Worden.
REGISTER EARLY: The Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat is rapidly gaining in popularity. Given its cap at 15 participants, we encourage you to register early.
REGISTRATION FORM: CLICK HERE
See you in Port Townsend!
Latest posts by CWC (see all)
- Congratulations to the Newest MFAW Alumni! - September 4, 2020
- It’s Not Too Late to Register for the CWC&R! - June 14, 2020
- Editor’s Note: CLOCKHOUSE Volume Eight - May 28, 2020
- Clockhouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat 2020 WILL Happen. - April 18, 2020
- CWC&R REGISTRATION OPENS WITH NEW DATES - February 28, 2020