2021 LIGHTHOUSE WRITERS’ CONFERENCE & RETREAT: Supporting and Inspiring the Writer’s Life
REGISTRATION Begins October 15, 2020. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis (Max. 30). Graduates of Goddard’s MFAW program are welcome, whether they attended the Pt. Townsend, Washington, or Plainfield, Vermont campus.
CONFERENCE DATES: Friday, February 12th though Monday February 15th
CONFERENCE LOCATION: Remote via Zoom to coincide with Goddard College’s Port Townsend, Washington, MFAW residency
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat is an opportunity for graduates of the Goddard MFAW program to come together, virtually, in mutual support of the writer’s life. Due to necessary precautions related to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are adopting the model of the wonderfully successful remote Clockhouse Writers’ Conference and Retreat this past July. We anticipate resuming our in-person conferences in February, 2022.
THEME: This year’s theme is UNCERTAINTY. In these times, and in all times, dealing with and living with uncertainty is an inescapable part of life. How do we create in times like these? What do we create in times like these? Do we search for answers in the past or by looking forward? What is known to us, and what is unknown to us, and how do we explore the lack of knowing in our creative work?
Whatever form your writing takes, and whether you find yourself on a professional or personal path (or both), you’ll find a welcome home at this conference/retreat as we come together to discover new ways to encourage, support and inspire the writer’s life.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: A copy of the full program will be posted here as the date approaches.
• Opening panel: Sharing our joys and challenges as writers
• MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft and master study
• Ample opportunity to read from our work in Zoom salons and workshops
• Time to wander off by ourselves and write in whatever setting you can provide yourself
• Online mealtime hangouts to renew old friendships
• Zoom attendance at MFAW faculty readings
• Zoom Attendance at MFAW Guest Writer readings and workshops
• Dates: Friday, February 12th through Monday, February 15th, 2021
• Location: Remote via Zoom
• Registration opens: October 15th, 2020. Registration information and forms will be available here beginning October 15, 2020.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES: Access to readings by faculty and guest writers, as well as guest writer workshops, through the week of the Port Townsend Goddard MFAW residency.
REGISTER EARLY: Volunteers are working to create a moving and renewing experience. Your early commitment is a tremendous help to their efforts. Consider leading a workshop to share your expertise, insights, and inspirations, or shall we say, “process.”
Scholarships are available. There are no application forms. All you have to do is tell us you need a scholarship and you will receive one – no questions asked.
REGISTRATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE AT: http://www.clockhousewriters.com/lighthouse-writers-conference–retreat.html
We hope to see you in February!
YOUR ALUMNI COORDINATORS,
Jeff Eisenbrey (2013), email@example.com
Katrina Barnes (2016), firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Geerlofs (2016), Geerlofs@olympus.net
Pamela Dionne (2018), email@example.com
Sarah Townsend (2016), firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by CWC (see all)
- Registration is Open for LWC&R 2021! - October 17, 2020
- Congratulations to the Newest MFAW Alumni! - September 4, 2020
- It’s Not Too Late to Register for the CWC&R! - June 14, 2020
- Editor’s Note: CLOCKHOUSE Volume Eight - May 28, 2020
- Clockhouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat 2020 WILL Happen. - April 18, 2020